I’m fast approaching I just went over 36 hours of no sleep (except for about 10 minutes of bobbing my head up and down to psy/goa with my eyes closed, while on the side of my bed, around the 24 hour mark) and I’m thinking that in between coding and listening to more psy (what is it with me and this music lately? It didn’t even make the music stuff post but everytime I need to keep awake/focused for longer periods of time, it’s become my go-to genre) I should write some stuff about/from this year.
- School sucks. Learning’s awesome. Working your ass off just so you can understand mechanics or electronics (If I ever *truly *understand electricity, quantum physics at a pretty basic level and electronics, I’ll consider myself a genius) or to get good at writing software or whatever floats your boat, well that can be amazing and can keep you up and running for a long time. Still, procrastination usually gets the best of me, but I’ll get to that later.
- Hard work pays off sometimes. Other times is just who you know, not what you know.
- When your foot starts pounding a rhythm and falling asleep at the same time, you’ve had too much coffee and it’s time to go to bed.
- Nothing is something worth doing. Until you get tired of your nothingness.
- Python, the programming language which I have the pleasure of learning right now, incorporates the principle of duck typing. The principle goes like this:
When I see a bird that walks like a duck and swims like a duck and quacks like a duck, I call that bird a duck,
- I got the chance to turn down jobs for the first time. It felt great. - I also got turned down for a job I really wanted, which would’ve potentially changed my life. That sucked, but it was expected. - Software is hard(paradox much?). Yesterday I saw Code Rush and started rummaging hours upon hours through jwz‘s blog and old rants. Beyond the feeling that it was a pretty important piece of internet history, something else got to me. The dedication that these people put forth to reach those high levels of Quality (yes, capital Q, as in Robert Pirsing’s Quality) is way out there for me, and makes me question if I’m cut out for this. Or if I care enough about whatever enough to give the rest up. - Which brings me to: I don’t have a cause. People got riled up over A LOT of stuff this year, from bankers to Santana impersonators to cyanide mining and homeless dog killing in Romania. Well, none of these made an impression on me. Nothing really gets my blood boiling, enough to make me make a sign and hold it up, I guess. Except for irony, which is sad. - By the way, I’m sick of irony, but it’s also pretty ingrained in my humor and my way of acting. I really want to purge it from my everyday way of life and reserve it for those truly worthy of it. Though, the fact that irony is so pervasive probably tells something about our worthiness of irony and self-irony. My head hurts. - Things are getting better all the time from where I’m standing, actually. Don’t know WHY I abuse irony. - This song‘s about the only thing that can break the cycle of damned trance/goa/psy that’s got a hold of me for these days. Not that I like the Stones (lol) that much, but a good song about going away on a jet with a pretty girl (that’s my current dream) always gets to me. - I’m starting to shake (too much or too little caffeine, can’t tell), so that’s enough wisdom impaired for one night (or year)